Monday, September 28, 2009

Pictures!


My mailbox! With a slight touch up from iphoto, heh heh.


Above: Saturday soup at my neighbours house. Apologies for blurriness of photo, my camera batteries were too low to use the flash, and I suppose I bouged when I took it. Nevertheless, the picture still shows their lovely, generous smiles. :)

Above: the cutest child on earth. My neighbour's grandchild, Lucas. He remembers my name every time he sees me! And he has the most infectious laugh. Don't worry about the photo being blurry, you'll see a lot more of him; I'll be kidnapping him and bringing him to Canada.
Above: I found this in one of the textbooks I'll be using to teach. Hehehehhe. (I start Oct 1st, by the way!)
Above:  A fructose-filled representation of my landlord's awesomeness. I found the note and the fruit on my doorstop the other day. The note reads: "Hello Carolina, on behalf of Mme Quidal, here are some guavas and an avocado". Believe it or not, the avocados get bigger here. It's insane!


Above:  A street in Basse-Terre
above: breakfast in my dining room. 

Above: My landlord and her family-- The Quidals (my landlord is sitting down on the far right)


Above: bathing in the hot springs with Silvia (friend who received me at the airport the first evening) and her neighbours at La Soufriere- Guadeloupe's volcano.


4 comments:

  1. Those guavas look so succulent! As does that oh-so rich and creamy avocado! ... I've been dreaming of such tropical fruits, as there are none to be found in Kingston (i wish, Jamaica).

    besitos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola Carito...ahora me puedo ir a dormir porque lei tu blog...veo que progresas en el turismo y la socializacion...cuidate mucho, disfruta todo, sigue escribiendo y por el camino que vas no vas a estar solita por mucho rato...cuidado con decir en la blog que te traes a un nino a Canada!!! de verdad que es cuchi el nino. Tu landlord es la lady con cataratas en los ojos? se ven cuchis...que les mando? besos mi vida amada...mam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carito...buena suerte, hoy comienzas...bon chance!!! Que tu experiencia sea fabulosa...! tqm
    mam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beebster! I think I can safely speak on behalf of everyone when I say: Necesitamos un "update"!!!

    LOVE and MISS YOU BELLEST OF MY BELLS!

    ReplyDelete